Transarterial Chemoembolization (TACE) Market Overview By Procedure Type, Product Type, End-User - Forecast to 2030. According to the latest research report the transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) market is projected to reach USD 15.61 Billion by 2030 at 4.90% CAGR during the forecast period 2022-2030.
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a primary malignancy of the liver and occurs mainly due to chronic liver disease and cirrhosis. It is the third leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide, with over 500,000 people affected. Transarterial chemoembolization market is the current standard of therapy for patients with intermediate-stage hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Conventional TACE is considered as a standard treatment for HCC.
- Advaxis Inc. (US)
- Baxter (US)
- Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (US)
- Boston Scientific Corporation (US)
- Cook (US)
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC (UK)
- Isofol Medical AB (Sweden)
- Nippon Kayaku Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Novartis (Switzerland)
- Pfizer (US)
- Sirtex SIR-Spheres Pty Ltd. (Australia)
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (US)
- Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co., Ltd (China)
By Procedure Type
- Conventional TACE: Conventional TACE dominated the Transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) market as it is one of the oldest procedures used in HCC cases. Conventional TACE involves the infusion of chemotherapeutic drugs blended with lipiodol and embolic agents into the cancer-feeding artery and liver cancer transarterial chemoembolization
- DEB-TACE: This segment is expected to witness the fastest growth. DEB-TACE allows higher concentrations of drugs to the target tumor and lower systemic concentrations, compared with conventional TACE
By Product Type
- Chemotherapeutic Agents: Held the largest market share in 2018. Doxorubicin, cisplatin, and mitomycin are most commonly used in the TACE procedure. Doxorubicin is the most widely used chemotherapeutic agent for TACE of HCC. The dose of doxorubicin generally ranges from 30 to 75 mg/m2
- Radiotherapeutic Agents: TACE with radiotherapeutic agents is the most expensive treatment for liver tumors.
- Drug-eluting Particles: Drug-eluting beads have been imposed as novel drug-delivering agents for TACE. DC Beads is one of the most commonly used Drug-eluting beads. These beads are nonbiodegradable PVA microspheres, loaded with calibrated doxorubicin
- Hospitals & Clinics: It holds the largest market share that can be attributed to an increase in the number of patients afflicted by HCC, coupled with a rise in a number of hospitals, and quality care, and availability of skilled and qualified professionals.
- Cancer Research Centers: This is the fastest-growing segment due to increasing research funding for the development of effective treatment of HCC
- Americas: The region holds the largest share of the market. The market in the Americas has further been branched into North America and Latin America, with the North American market divided into the US and Canada.
- Europe: The European transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) market research report has been classified as Western Europe and Eastern Europe. The Western European market has further been categorized as Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, and the rest of Western Europe.
- Asia-Pacific: The market in Asia-Pacific has been segmented into Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, and the rest of Asia-Pacific. The Asia-Pacific transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) market is projected to be the fastest-growing during the forecast period.
- Middle East & Africa: The market in the Middle East & Africa has been divided into the Middle East and Africa.
Market Research Future (MRFR), enable customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.