A satisfying online experience is centered on good web design. Modern web design has advanced significantly. Websites cannot afford to resemble a newspaper's classified ads. If a website can't look smart and work smoothly, it has no chance.
Effective web design uses SEO optimization strategies that will help the site rank better in Google searches in addition to its aesthetic appeal. Despite the fact that there are hundreds of design elements available, just a handful are essential.
What is web designing?
Why web designing is important?
- You might ask how important website design is while you consider rebuilding your website. What effect does it have on your customers and your business? Let's examine five factors that make site design crucial.
- When we suggest that site design can make or ruin your company, we are not exaggerating. Don't trust us? Let the statistics speak for themselves. Consumers claim that they quickly determine a company's legitimacy based on the look and feel of its website in 75% of cases.
- If that isn't enough to persuade you to seek the help of a professional website design company, continue reading as we discuss the many advantages of having a good website and the drawbacks of having a terrible one.
Top elements for Modern Web Design
1. Mobile-Friendly Layout
- Mobile devices, excluding tablets, produced 51.53 percent of all website traffic worldwide in the second quarter of 2020. As more individuals use their phones as their primary method of web access, this tendency is only expected to grow. Consequently, the foundation of contemporary web design is a mobile-friendly style.
- An initial definition of a mobile-friendly layout is one that makes use of responsive website design. A design approach is known as "responsive web design" enables websites to "adapt" to various screen sizes without sacrificing usability and user experience. Depending on the viewport, text, UI elements, and images scale and resize.
- 85 percent of adults believe that a company's mobile website ought to be at least as good as its desktop website. Therefore, any website that does not adopt a responsive design will provide a poor user experience, resulting in a decrease in traffic, sales, and trust.
- Use the free responsive design checker provided by BrowserStack to evaluate the effectiveness of your website's responsive design. Simply enter the URL, and a variety of genuine devices, including the iPhone X, Galaxy Note 10, iPhone 8 Plus, Galaxy S9 Plus, and more, will display your website.
2. Bold, clean typography
A cornerstone of minimalist design, safe, clear, and bold typography is a requirement for contemporary website design.
What constitutes clean typography must be as follows:
- Properly sized text, which is typically larger than 16px Black/Gray font, in keeping with the colors or images in the background.
- web-compatible fonts
- lines with enough space between them to make reading easier
3. Hamburger menus
- The majority of websites provide consumers with a comprehensive menu of choices and functions.
- While this may facilitate easier navigation because the user may access any option directly from the home page, it also consumes a significant amount of screen real estate, particularly on mobile devices.
- Use a hamburger menu to swiftly solve this problem. A hamburger menu is a button that displays a larger menu or navigation drawer. This conserves space and keeps the user interface neat and simple without affecting website users' ability to easily navigate.
4. White Space
White space is crucial for contemporary homepage design because it is a component of minimalist design. Users of the internet might easily become intellectually exhausted since they are constantly bombarded with information. A healthy balance of text and white space makes the website appear tidy, arranged, readable, and user-friendly. Air out your webpage.
5. SEO Optimization
The SEO-based rating of a website can be significantly boosted by using contemporary website design components. Many of them are hidden, including heading tags, meta tags, and other HTML coding tricks that are part of the website's back-end code. Add these components, adjust them, and optimize them so that the website benefits fully from Google's SEO algorithm.
6. Stunning Visuals
- Visual signals appeal to customers greatly. They will assist you to attract your users' attention and are more engaging.
- The visuals you choose should give your users a sense of your product and style, whether you utilize high-quality photographs or illustrations.
- Additionally, you may utilize visuals to direct visitors' attention to a specific section of the website and assist them in concentrating on what you want them to without them even realizing it.
- A visually arresting banner will grab visitors' attention right away, and bespoke graphics placed strategically across the website will make it easier for people to access the content they're looking for.
- P.S. Customized photographs are crucial, and you should be careful not to overuse stock images should your website lose its originality.
7. Speed up the process
A bounce rate of 38% is experienced by websites that load in less than five seconds. Conversion rates can decrease by 7% with a 100-millisecond load time delay. These figures should illustrate the importance of speed in contemporary web design, both for desktop and mobile platforms.
Websites must load quickly in the age of instant gratification or users may leave them. Fortunately, creating a website with a high page load speed is not a challenging undertaking. Follow these simple steps to do this:
- Regardless of size, optimize each and every image.
- Be it VPS hosting, shared hosting, or even a server dedicated to your website, pick a stable hosting environment.
- Compress your files to make them smaller.
- HTTP requests can be cut down in Chrome's developer tools.
8. Effectively Using Calls to Action
- The primary goal of the majority of websites is to compel visitors to take some sort of action, whether it is a purchase, an informational request, or the submission of contact information.
- Calls to action should be prominently put on the page in order to do this.
- The user should be directed to that action by the landing page design. You can direct your customers to the appropriate action by employing strategies like contrasting colors, spacing, and text. Whether it says "Buy Now," "Contact Us," or "Sign Up Free," the calls-to-action themselves should be very compelling and express exactly what you want the user to do.
- Choose the most significant action a consumer could do if you have a number of actions you'd like to encourage them to take and use that CTA prominently.
9. Color schemes
Your website's color scheme will have a direct impact on how visitors perceive it. When selecting a color scheme, you should consider your brand and industry and determine which hues most accurately describe your company.