The Automated Parcel Delivery Terminals Market has experienced significant growth, propelled by the booming e-commerce industry and the widespread adoption of online retail sales. As consumers increasingly prefer the convenience of shopping online, the demand for efficient and reliable parcel delivery solutions has surged. Furthermore, the market expansion has been bolstered by the rise in international deliveries, fueled by the globalization of businesses and the increasing demand for cross-border e-commerce. To stay competitive and meet the growing expectations of customers, shipping and logistics companies have been investing in modern technologies and automated solutions to streamline their operations and decrease operational expenses.
In the present year 2023, the net demand for automated parcel delivery terminals around the world is expected to be worth around US$ 753.9 million. Future Market Insights (FMI) market analysis reports predict it to be expanding at a CAGR of 11% from 2023 to 2033. By following this notable growth rate, the overall market is poised to reach a valuation of US$ 2,140.7 million by 2033.
The increasing e-commerce industry and widespread online retail sales are the main factors driving the demand for automated parcel delivery terminals. Additionally, an increase in international deliveries and modern shipping and logistics improvements to decrease operational expenses have assisted in the market expansion.
Accelerate Growth: Assess Market Potential with Our Comprehensive Market Overview - Download Our Sample Now@
The market’s total development potential is being constrained by issues including its propensity for break-ins, and the emergence of rival delivery methods. Furthermore, the requirement for sizable installation space and high capital for its deployment could limit its adoption in emerging economies.
Key Takeaways from the Automated Parcel Delivery Terminals Market Study Report
- Global players are mostly concentrated in the United States, which held 26.7% portion of the global market in the year 2022.
- Germany is the leading country in Europe which contributed 4.5% of the global demand for automated parcel delivery terminals in 2022.
- The adoption of automated parcel delivery terminals in the United Kingdom is anticipated to progress at 9.2% CAGR over the next ten years.
- In Asia Pacific region, Japan and Australia are the prominent countries making high use of automated parcel delivery terminals. As per the FMI market survey report in 2022, these countries contributed almost 4.1% and 1.4% of the global revenue share respectively.
- China is growing at a notable rate in the adoption of automated parcel delivery terminals nowadays and could register a CAGR of 12.6% through 2033. Meanwhile, India is projected to follow China in demand for automated parcel delivery terminals by exhibiting a growth rate of 11.7% during this period.
- Based on different deployment types, the outdoor terminals constitute the dominant segment of the market that generated a revenue share of 44.5% in 2022.
- Based on ownership of distinct automated parcel delivery terminals, the shipping or logistics companies segment leads the market by capturing 40.3% market share.
Competitive Landscape for the Automated Parcel Delivery Terminals Market Players
The overall market is getting fairly fragmented day by day as there are so many competitors who have started providing automated parcel terminal services. Moreover, these days, the development of private networks of parcel terminals is a top priority for many postal operators, merchants, and logistics firms.
Mergers and collaborations by the leading market players have turned out to be key strategies for expanding the consumer base and service network. For instance,
- Cleveron teamed up with Bell & Howell in 2015 to improve parcel terminal delivery in the United States and Canada. It is also anticipated that such cooperation between terminal providers and merchants might escalate the competition in the coming days.
- In June 2019, the Company also collaborated with Falabella Retail parcel services businesses in Latin America, which has its headquarters in Chile.
Key Segments Covered in the Automated Parcel Delivery Terminals Report
By Deployment Type:
- Indoor Terminal
- Outdoor Terminal
- Shipping/Logistics Companies
- Government Organization
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
- Latin America